There are many sayings in relation to health which clearly explains the importance of a healthy living. A very common one is “To keep the body in good health is a duty….otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” It very clearly indicates that maintaining a good health is one’s own duty irrespective of others, so it is important to lead a healthy lifestyle to stay fit and strong.
Hence I am going to share few tips below which one should include in their daily lifestyle to have a happy and healthy lifestyle:
- To kick start a beautiful day, you should make sure that after waking up in the morning must make a habit of straightway drinking a glass or two of water. Also make a habit of drinking at least 8 glasses of water with eight ounces every single day. And if anyone doesn’t love the taste of plain water can add lemon or fruits like blueberries to it.
- Go for a jog might be for 20 mins or half an hour but make your body move. Add some stretches and squats to it.
- Brush your teeth twice daily, once in the morning and then post dinner before going to bed. This will help you stay away from cavities.
- Get into a regular skin care routine, keeping your skin look clear and bright.
- Always eat healthy, something beneficial for your body. Healthy food automatically eliminates many diseases in your body.
- Try to cut out processed foods from your diet as much as you can and instead go for fresh vegetable and fruit juices. It is actually a great way to deliver vitamins and nutrients to your body. Smoothies can also be added to one’s breakfast as it nourishes the body. A good thing about juices and smoothies are that they are already blended up and thus give the digestive system a little bit of break acting as fuel to the body.
- Cut out soda from your diet and instead replace it with black tea. Instant energy and difference will be felt. Even the blood sugar levels will be controlled once it is done and you will be feeling a lot more stable.
- Workout is also very much significant to keep your body in shape and also to stay healthy. Spend some time for yourself every day. Loose some calories which also aid to relieve stress and thus produce feel good hormones. One can plan the workout after the entire day’s hectic schedule so that you have a sound sleep.
- Adequate rest is required every night as while we sleep the body regulates the hunger suppressing hormones and as well as the cortisol levels which keeps the metabolism up.
- Another very important point is that try to do things which you enjoy as a part of your hobby and have healthy lifestyle. For example if anyone likes reading, writing, painting or anything else it is advisable to spare few minutes for it. This is because it is something one wishes to do and feels good doing it, thus making them happy which can further act as a catalyst to good health.
- Pray regularly as it increases one’s inner belief and also brings positivism around.
Now as mentioned in one of the tips for healthy lifestyle, I would like to suggest few healthy foods which one must add it to your diet to prevent yourself from diseases like obesity, heart disease and cancer. As already mentioned above, processed foods should be completely eliminated from one’s diet. This is because junk or processed foods change the pH level of your body. As a consequence there is distortion of the immune system thus finally leading to health disorder.
Our bodies are originally alkaline in nature and it is highly advisable to maintain that for healthy lifestyle. This can be done by consuming top 15 foods which are alkaline in nature. These are as described below:
- Spinach – They are rich in antioxidants and thus can keep the heart stronger. Spinach can also help eliminating free radicals, improve memory and furthermore stimulate the brain functioning. It is low in fat and cholesterol and have vitamins like A, C, K, B6. It also contains zinc, magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron and niacin.
- Lemons – It can reduce risk of stroke and can also help treat kidney stones. Another positive side of lemon is that it helps fight cancer, prevent constipation and also high blood pressure. It has Vitamins A, C, E, B6 and also many important minerals like zinc, calcium, potassium, copper and riboflavin.
- Quinoa – It can help control cholesterol as well as blood sugar level in one’s body. It is a food which is very rich in fiber and proteins. It is also rich in manganese, magnesium, riboflavin, lysine and iron.
- Buckwheat– It is a type of wheat and can help in prevention of diabetes, boost one’s energy level and also improve one’s heart health. It is a perfect meal for cold winter days and is a great source of Vitamins, Iron and protein.
- Melon – Melon cleans the toxin from one’s body and keeps hydrated. The water content of this food is very high and its pH value is around 8.5.
- Olive Oil – It regulates the blood sugar level and reduces the risk of heart disease. It is rich in Vitamin E, antioxidants and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Bananas– They are a good source of nutrients like potassium, manganese, Vitamin B and Magnesium. They are also rich in fiber and thus help in regulation of blood pressure levels. Hence improves the heart health.
- Avocados – It helps control the cholesterol levels and make the heart stronger. It contains fibre, nutrients and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Grapes – If consumed in moderate amount can help reduce anxiety and hypertension. It also reduces risk of lung, prostrate, oesophageal, pancreatic, endometrial and mouth cancer due to its polyphenols (antioxidants).
- Carrot– It contains beta- carotene thus help in improvement of eyesight and one’s thought process. It is also high in Vitamin A, C, Iron and Potassium.
- Broccoli– This particular vegetable improves the blood circulation due to its high amounts of Iron content. It also helps in regulation of cholesterol levels thus keeping the heart healthy. It is also a powerful antioxidant which helps fight cancer and is rich in fiber, copper, potassium and Vitamin K, B6, C and E.
- Berries – It is a good food which slows down the aging process and improves one’s skin. They also help with chronicle health disorders and keep one’s memory sharp. They too are rich in fibers and antioxidants and thus help reduce risk of specific cancer and also improve digestion.
Hence, if one can maintain a healthy lifestyle and include the above mentioned foods in their diet about maximum percentage of diseases will soon get eliminated.